The Declaration of Independence: A document formed by the founders of our country in an effort to release our great nation from the tyranny of a King. In the document are the words, "inherent and inalienable rights". Rights we wanted. Rights that need to be protected. To protect those rights a government was formed, the powers of this government came from the PEOPLE, or as the document states, "from the consent of the governed". Today, we are not governed by a tyrannical king. But, we do have some serious governmental problems.
I for one am tired of going to the polls and voting for the lesser of two evils. Our government was never supposed to be bipartisan. In fact, our founding fathers warned against it. I can understand why, Where is the "middle ground"? How have we become what we are today? Our nation is dwindling. We have allowed men to stay in office for far too long. Power has become man's greatest desire. Whatever happened to a President who was so humble he refused the office? George Washington was that man, who didn't seek after power, but when he had it performed beautifully.
Today, we have people hungry for power and it is scary! How can that be? I will tell you, because the average American who cares enough to gripe in their home, doesn't care enough to make the necessary efforts to change it. I CARE! I WANT CHANGE! I want a government and a leader to be proud of. Our nation needs a cleansing and the one we can give it will be more pleasant than the one our Creator will give us if we don't shape up.
Hear my voice: IT IS TIME FOR CHANGE!
Please Help My Family Win a Nissan Leaf!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment