Okay, I wasn't going to write anything on this but I can't help speaking up after all the hate I have read as a result of Prop 8 passing.
Seriously, how can anyone take a group seriously when they react in such a hateful manner? I read some posts by a person I don't want to name they were downright rude! This is the way politics goes! One side wins the other loses, it's a democracy (well, sort of). The point is that it doesn't matter where the majority of the money that supports a side comes from. Money does not (or at least it shouldn't) buy votes! The bottom line is the number of those for Prop 8 were greater than those opposed, this is how a side wins, they outnumber the others in votes.
It's time to stop being sore losers and embrace the defeat. A prime example of how a party should react to loss is when Mitt Romney ( a Mormon) lost the bid for President. You better believe the Mormon's didn't go storming the castle because their guy lost! No, instead they got behind the other guys and tried to make a difference there.
I don't deny that hate may be found on both sides of this issue, bottom line is that it's wrong. Regardless, it is wrong!
Please, stop attacking. It's sad to see a nation such as ours divided over such petty issues. In an effort to accommodate and make everybody happy, an impossible feat, we have created division and unhappiness. It's time to just STOP! And to try and live in harmony one with another.
Another thing that weighs heavily on my mind is the cry that people's rights are being infringed upon. Do they not realize that when they go about trying to change things they inevitably end up infringing upon other people's rights? Primarily the rights of the majority. A principle upon which our country was founded was by the voice of the majority, this is not to say minorities may not speak up or do not have a voice, it is simply saying that as long as the majority feel one way, the minorities either need to deal with it or do their best to sway others to create a majority in their favor.
Now you've heard where I stand, I'd like to hear what you have to say on the issue. Please be courteous and refrain from needless attacks, profane language, and/or inaccurate accusations.
Please Help My Family Win a Nissan Leaf!
15 years ago
I'm really excited that you have done this blog. I basically agree with what you have said. Too many people pout when they don't get their way (or their candidate doesn't win) and seriously...is that what we want to teach our children?
ReplyDeleteWe don't always get what we want, but life goes on, we learn from it, and hopefully better ourselves. As for most people that complain I'm sure they didn't do much other than possibly voting to help their candidate get elected. We still have the power to let local and state leaders know our opinions and let them know what we would have done. So, although your candidate may not have won, the fight is not over...it has merely begun.