Friday, November 21, 2008

National Debt: Who's in charge of our money?

When I read about bills asking for any amount of money I always wonder "why so much?" And I think "who crunched the numbers and came up with that amount?"I have a theory about who figures out how much money is needed for whatever project we feel the federal govt needs to fund and who knows, they may be in charge of knowing where all the money goes too. Watch on:

Even though this isn't the case, the reality is: we are a nation in financial bondage and we have a government that wants to do something about it. So, they decide to help people who are facing foreclosure save their houses, well, maybe those people can't afford their house and would profit better if they would live within their means. Let's help people not to spend money they don't have. Let's educate people on budgets and how to cook, let's start a club: How not to keep up with the Jones (no matter how great they are). I look around me and there are young married couples trying to jump into a lifestyle they cannot support. It's okay to be poor! Being poor is the new rich! There's a sense of wealth being poor but debt free, no you can't afford a cruise or European holiday, but there's no stress of creditors, or wondering how you're gonna make a payment each month. So do yourself (and in a way our country) a favor, get out of debt and stay there and start a savings account with the money you used to pay to creditors. If you do that you'll have a better sense of freedom, happiness and peace in your life. I promise you that!

3 comments: